Gender stereotypes are tenacious. We can create a new story that works for everyone.
Alongside my consulting partner, Jessica Nordhaus, I provide businesses research-driven consulting and training to help build equitable workplace cultures.
We believe that by examining gender roles in the workplace (and disrupting the status quo where necessary), we can create a new story for women and men in Vermont; one where there is equal access to leadership, advancement, and equitable pay.
Ways we work with employers:
Consulting with your workplace leaders and change makers.
Providing training workshops and presentations for your workplace or event.
Facilitating the Business Peer Exchange in VT
We decide together!
The Business Peer Exchange (BPE)
In 2015, with support from the Vermont Women’s Fund, we helped launch Change The Story’s Business Peer Exchange, a group of employers, business and nonprofit leaders and subject matter experts committed to a year-long series of exploratory conversations about topics around gender equity and best business practices. BPE has engaged 30+ employers and over 250 people in this conversation.
Learn more at changethestoryvt.org/bpe.
Want to join a meeting? Email us!
Our five-pronged approach includes:
- Disarm: create an atmosphere of non-judgment; recognize discomfort; stop “should-ing” yourself!
- Relate: share stories about our gender equity journeys; make the topic relatable and accessible.
- Empower: create space for community; “I see value in you. You can be influential.”
- Inform: use local, national and global research and best practices to keep your team up-to-date and cutting edge.
- Engage: provide tools and opportunities for examining personal and organizational roles in this work.